Six members of the College of Public Health faculty receive UNMC Distinguished Scientist Award
by COPH Staff
May 1, 2013
On April 30, 2013, six members of the College of Public Health faculty received awards recognizing their scientific research and funding success.
The UNMC Distinguished Scientist award — which is sponsored by the chancellor — recognizes researchers who have been among the most productive scientists in the country during the past five years.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Gleb Haynatzki, Ph.D., DSc, Professor – Department of Biostatistics
- Terry Huang, Ph.D., MPH, CPH, Professor and Chair – Department of Health Promotion and Social Behavioral Health
- Risto Rautiainen, Ph.D., Associate Professor – Department of Environmental, Agricultural and Occupational Health
- Mohammad Siahpush, Ph.D., Professor – Department of Health Promotion and Social Behavioral Health
The UNMC New Investigator awards go to outstanding UNMC scientists who in the past two years have secured their first funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense or other national sources. New Investigators also had to demonstrate scholarly activity such as publishing their research and/or presenting their findings at national conventions.
This year’s recipients are:
- Ashish Joshi, M.D., MD, MPH, Assistant Professor – Department of Health Services Research and Administration
- James Stimpson, Ph.D., Associate Professor – Department of Health Services Research and Administration